Sunpower Corporation Stock (NASDAQ:SPWR) is down 13% over the past month (21 trading days), outperforming the S&P 500 which was virtually unchanged over the period. If you look at the turnaround in the last five days, the stock has returned -5.7%, again underperforming the broader market. SunPower reported mixed Q3 ’21 earnings in early November, with revenue increasing from $275 million in Q3 ’20 to $324 million in Q3 ’21. In addition, COGS and operating expenses grew at a slower rate and operating income for Q3 ’21 was $6.2 million, up from an operating loss of $2.1 million in Q3 ’20. However, an increase in non-operating expenses meant the company reported a net loss for the period of $84 million, and EPS — came in at $0.49, down from $0.26 for the same period last year. With the threat of rising interest rates in the near future, the stock has lost nearly 15% in the past month.
Now, is Sunpower stock ready to continue its underperformance or can we expect a rally? We believe SunPower stock has a low 47% chance of growth in the next month (21 trading days) based on our Machine Learning analysis of trends in stock price over the past ten years. View our analysis SPWR stock likely to rise, For additional details on the SPWR’s historical returns and peer comparison, see Sunpower Stock Returns, Additionally, for details about SPWR revenue and peer comparison, see Sunpower Revenue Comparison,
Twenty One Days: SPWR -13%, versus S&P500 -0.2%; underperforming market
(20% chance event; 47% chance of increase in the next 21 days)
- SPWR Stock dropped 13% Over the past twenty-one trading days (one month), a slight decline of 0.2% compared to the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of -13% or more in twenty one business days is a 20% probability event, having happened 502 times out of 2515 in the past ten years.
- Out of these 502 cases, the stock has seen positive momentum on 235 occasions in the next twenty one trading days
- it indicates a 47% chance of the stock rising in the next twenty one trading days
Day 10: SPWR -0.8%, versus S&P500 -1.5%; best performing market
(47% chance event; 51% chance of increase in the next 10 days)
- SPWR Stock dropped a modest 0.8% In the last ten trading days (two weeks), a decline of 1.5% compared to the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of -0.8% or more in ten trading days is a 47% probability event, having occurred 1175 times out of 2516 in the past ten years.
- Out of these 1175 cases, the stock has seen positive momentum on 604 occasions in the next ten trading days
- it indicates a 51% chance of the stock rising in the next ten trading days
Day Five: SPWR -5.7%, versus S&P500 -1.6%; underperforming market
(21% chance event; 54% increase chance over the next five days)
- SPWR Stock dropped 5.7% A 1.6% decline in the five-day trading period ended 1.11/2022 compared to the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of -5.7% or more in five trading days (one week) is a 21% probability event, occurring 517 times out of 2517 in the past ten years.
- Out of these 517 cases, the stock has seen positive momentum on 280 occasions in the next five trading days
- it indicates a 54% chance for the stock to rise in the next five trading days
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? here is one high quality portfolio It has consistently outperformed the market since the end of 2016.
invest with traffic Market Beating Portfolio
see all traffic price estimate