Colgate-Palmolive Stock (NYSE:CL) is up 13% in just one month (21 trading days), outperforming the S&P 500 which was down a little over 5%. If we look at the changes in the last five and ten days, the stock has given returns of 2.6 per cent and 2.2 per cent, beating the market on both the occasions. Colgate reported mixed Q3 ’21 earnings at the end of October, but revenue strengthened at $4.41 billion, up from $4.15 billion in Q3 ’20. However, higher COGS and SG&A expenses saw a decline in operating income from $1.02 billion in Q3 ’20 to $967 million in Q3 ’21. Due to this, EPS fell from $0.81 to $0.75 during this period. The stock fell about 3% in the month following the earnings announcement, but has since gained 13%.
Now, is CL stock ready to continue its rally or can we expect a pullback? We believe that CL stock has a less than 10% chance of growth in the next month (21 trading days) based on our machine learning analysis of stock price trends over the past ten years. View our analysis CL stock likely to rise, For additional details about CL historical returns and peer comparison, see Colgate-Palmolive Stock Returns,
Twenty One Days: CL 13%, vs. S&P500 4.5%; best performing market
(0% chance event; 0% chance of increase in the next 21 days)
- cl stock 13% rose Over the past twenty one trading days (one month), an increase of 4.5% over the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of 13% or more in twenty one business days is an almost 0% probability event, having happened 7 times out of 2515 in the past 10 years.
- Out of these 7 examples, the stock has seen positive momentum on 0 occasions over the next twenty one trading days.
- it indicates a 0% chance of the stock rising in the next 21 trading days
Day 10: CL 2.2%, versus the S&P500 1.2%; best performing market
(27% chance event; 53% chance of increase in the next 10 days)
- cl stock rose 2.2% Over the last ten trading days (two weeks), an increase of 1.2% compared to the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of 2.2% or more in ten trading days is a 27% probability event, having happened 680 times out of 2515 in the past 10 years.
- Out of these 680 cases, the stock has seen positive momentum on 363 occasions in the next ten trading days
- it indicates a 53% chance of the stock rising in the next ten trading days
Day Five: CL 2.6%, versus S&P500 1.8%; best performing market
(7% chance event; 53% chance of increase over the next five days)
- cl stock rose 2.6% in the five-day trading period ended 12/30/2021, compared to an increase of 1.8% against the broader market (S&P500)
- A change of 2.6% or more in five business days (one week) is a 7% probability event, having occurred 183 times out of 2515 in the past ten years.
- Out of these 183 examples, the stock has seen positive momentum on 97 occasions over the next five trading days.
- it indicates a 53% chance of the stock rising in the next five trading days
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? here is one high quality portfolio It has consistently outperformed the market since the end of 2016.
invest with traffic Market Beating Portfolio
see all traffic price estimate