Topline

The Houston Texans have reached settlements with 30 women who have alleged the team’s former star quarterback, Deshaun Watson, sexually assaulted or harassed them — one month after one of the women filed a lawsuit claiming the Texans enabled his misconduct.

Key Facts

- Advertisement -

Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the women, did not disclose the terms of the settlements in a statement to Forbesbut said the suit against the team will be dismissed and four ongoing lawsuits against Watson will continue, with a trial date as early as next spring.

Watson, a 26-year-old three-time Pro-Bowl selection, previously settled 20 of the 24 lawsuits that have been filed against him by massage therapists who have accused him of sexual assault in some cases as well as harassment, with some saying he exposed himself during massages and tried to coerce them into sexual contact.

The Texans were named in a lawsuit filed by one of Watson’s accusers last month, claiming the team “turned a blind eye” after learning about the quarterback’s history of soliciting massages over social media, and “enabled” him to do so.

Watson has repeatedly denied the, admitting there was sexual activity but arguing that the women were not coerced.

Crucial Quotes

“I will have no further comment on the or the Texans' alleged role, other than to say that there is a contrast in the way in which Texans addressed these, and the way in which Watson's team has done so,” Buzbee said in a statement Friday.

Houston Texans Accused In Lawsuit Of Enabling Deshaun Watson's Sexual Misconduct (Forbes)

Deshaun Watson Settles 20 Of 24 Suits Alleging Sexual Misconduct (Forbes)