Plus, the importance of instant feedback
his week we’re joined by Anne Wojcicki, co-founder and CEO of 23andme. A pioneer in the biotech industry, a well-earned spot on the Forbes ‘Power Women’ list and according to reports, a billionaire – on paper at least. Anne is nothing if not accomplished.
23andme was the first to offer autosomal DNA testing for ancestry, which many companies now use globally.
Their tests also provide personalized health insights for individuals.
Anne co-founded the company in 2006 with Linda Avey and Paul Cusenza.
They joined forces with the aim of using genetic information for good and giving people direct access to their medical data.
In this episode:
- How they came up with the idea for 23andme
- Getting the company off the ground
- Working and thriving in a male-dominated field
- How success seems to be in her blood
- Instant feedback & the value of a great work environment
- The importance of using your platform to support others
- What the future holds for 23andme & herself
Listen here or here:
You can find this podcast wherever you stream.
Credit: www.standard.co.uk /