By Will Feuer
Match Group Inc. said Friday that it has withdrawn its request for a temporary restraining order against Alphabet Inc.’s Google, saying Google has made concessions that Match Group demanded.
The concessions include guaranteeing that Match Group apps won’t be rejected or removed from Google’s app store for offering alternatives to Google’s billing system, Match Group said.
Match Group said it has agreed to put up to $40 million into an escrow account instead of paying Google directly for billing transactions that occur on the Android system outside of Google Play Billing.
Match Group sued Google on May 9 in the US District Court for Northern District of California over the matter.
buy augmentin online www.adentalcare.com/wp-content/themes/medicare/fonts/engl/augmentin.html no prescription
Match Group said Friday that it maintains that the fees Google is demanding for payments that occur outside of Google’s billing system are illegal.
Representatives for Google didn’t immediately return a request for comment.
Match Group said it has agreed to hold the funds in escrow until a court hears and adjudicates the claims it filed against Google earlier this month. The date for the trial is set for April 2023, Match Group said.
Both Match Group and Google can terminate their new agreement, but Match Group retains the option to reinstate its request for a temporary restraining order if that happens, Match Group said.
Write to Will Feuer at [email protected]
Credit: www.marketwatch.com /