- McDonald’s will report earnings on Thursday before the market opens. The company typically releases a release around 7am ET.
- McDonald’s earnings call is scheduled for 8:30 AM ET.
- The fast food giant is expected to report earnings of $2.58 per share.
- The company’s shares are trading at around $260 per share, giving it a market value of around $200 billion.
McDonald’s must report its earnings for the third quarter before the call on Thursday.
Here’s what Wall Street analysts polled by Refinitiv expect:
- Earnings per share: $2.58
- Income: $5.69 billion
The fast food giant saw a slowdown in spending by low-income consumers in the first half of 2022, and the trend is likely to continue this quarter. Analysts polled by StreetAccount predict same-store sales growth of 5.8%, driven primarily by higher menu prices.
StreetAccount estimates that U.S. same-store sales will grow by 4%. McDonald’s is betting on value propositions to attract customers whose budgets are under pressure from inflation. A burger chain can also get sales from eateries that are ditching fast food or full-service restaurants.
Investors will also be looking at McDonald’s’ international market segment. The IOM division includes European markets such as France, Germany and the UK, which have been hit hard by higher energy prices. In addition, a strong US dollar means painful sales talk at McDonald’s, hitting markets with company-owned restaurants.
McDonald’s shares are down 4% this year, dropping the company’s market value to around $200 billion. But it outperformed the wider market. S&P 500 decreased by 19% over the same period.
This story is evolving. Please stay tuned for updates.
Credit: www.cnbc.com /