Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said the Oxford School District had rejected his proposal to investigate last week’s fatal shooting at Oxford High School. Many others injured.
Nessel said she was “disappointed” by the school district’s decision to go with a private security firm, instead using the state attorney general’s office to review school policies and protocols during a visit. Interview Tuesday morning with CNN.
Nessel didn’t hide his dismay, saying his office hopes “the school district cares as much about the safety of its students as they protect themselves from civil liability.”
Despite having legal grounds to do so, Oxford High School officials are also under investigation from the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office for not searching the 15-year-old suspect, Ethan Crumbley, in the locker and backpack prior to the shooting, According For prosecutor Karen McDonald.
McDonald said that when asked whether school officials could be prosecuted during an interview, he “did not rule out accusing anyone”. CNN on Monday.
A spokesman for Oxford Community Schools did not immediately return a request for comment. Businesshala,