Tennis star Naomi Osaka spoke out about the disappearance of Chinese player Peng Shuai, joining several top stars who voiced their support for Peng, who has been missing since November 2, a powerful former Communist Party official. accused of sexual assault and extra-marshal relations, which are restricted to top officials in the Chinese government.
Osaka’s Tuesday Tweet Involved #WhereIsPengShuai, which supporters have used, and said, “Censorship is not okay at any cost.”
Osaka, 24, said she was “shocked” by Peng’s disappearance.
Women’s Tennis Association top official Steve Simon said NS new York Times On Sunday the organization received “confirmation from multiple sources”, including the Chinese Tennis Association, that Peng was “safe and not in any physical danger” – but that neither WTA Tour officials nor athletes had been in contact with him.
the organization Called Calling for a “full, fair and transparent” investigation into the allegations made by Peng against Zhang and “ending censorship” against him.
Tennis stars Novak Djokovic, Chris Evert, Alizee Cornet and Nicolas Mahut have spoken publicly about Peng’s disappearance.