Prince Harry says he warned Twitter CEO that a coup was about to happen a day before the Capitol riot

- Advertisement -


  • RE: Speaking on a panel at the Wired conference on Tuesday, the Duke of Sussex said: “That email was sent a day ago and then it happened and I haven’t heard from it since.”
  • Harry criticized Twitter and Facebook for allowing misinformation to spread on their platforms.
  • When it comes to media and social media people are being “listed” because they want to believe now more than ever, argued Harry.

- Advertisement -

LONDON – Prince Harry has revealed he told Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey that his platform was allowing a coup before the January 6 capital riots.

- Advertisement -

RE: Speaking on a virtual panel for the Wired conference on Tuesday, the Duke of Sussex said: “Jack and I had been emailing each other before 6 January when I warned him that his platform would allow a coup Used to be.”

He continued: “That email was sent a day ago and then it happened, and I haven’t heard from him since.”

- Advertisement -

Prince said he had not met Dorsey in person. Twitter declined to comment when contacted by Businesshala.

A group of Donald Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building. In the weeks before the Capitol riots, there were calls for violence against Congress and police on social media.

Harry criticized Twitter and Facebook for allowing misinformation to spread on their platforms, saying the scale of the problem is dire and no one is safe from it. He said it was ruining lives and destroying families.

“I learned from a very young age that the encouragement of publication is not necessarily combined with the promotion of truth,” he said, adding that the UK press associates news with profit and entertainment with purpose.

He continued: “I know this story all too well. I have lost my mother to this self-made madness and obviously I am determined not to lose the mother of my children to the same thing. “

Harry said his family will not be on social media “until things change”, but believes change is possible. “We believe this challenge is too big to fix or too big to solve,” he said. “What I’ve learned over the past six months as part of the Aspen Commission is that this just isn’t true.”

Small number of accounts cause the most chaos

Harry said a small number of social media accounts accounted for a large portion of the misinformation that has been allowed to “create vast amounts of chaos and disruption online without any consequences”.

He cited an independent report that found that more than 70% of hate speech about his wife Meghan can be traced to fewer than 50 accounts, adding that British journalists interact and which he hates and lies. As described, increase it.

“The word ‘Megxit’ was an anti-feminist term and was coined by a troll, which was amplified by royal correspondents,” he said. “It grew and grew and evolved in the mainstream media.”

On Facebook, Harry said a dozen accounts are responsible for more than 65% of fabricated and harmful misinformation. “Yet they’re still there,” he said.

When it comes to media and social media people are being “listed” because they want to believe now more than ever, argued Harry.

Rajkumar also took to YouTube, pointing to a report that said 70% of videos on the platform were in violation of YouTube’s own policies on misinformation.

Facebook and YouTube did not immediately respond to Businesshala’s request for comment.

,

- Advertisement -

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

DMCA / Correction Notice

Recent Articles

Related Stories

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox