“The safety of customers and team members is a priority,” Taco Bell Corp. said in a statement.
A Taco Bell customer in Colorado claims he was hospitalized with rat poisoning and the local sheriff’s office is now investigating.
The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office told FOX 31 they received a report of a riot at a fast food restaurant on East Smoky Hill Road in Aurora around 1 p.m. Sunday.
The customer allegedly got into an argument with an employee because the soda machine was not working.
Later that day, around 7:50 p.m., the sheriff’s office reported that a client involved in the altercation was rushed to the hospital after ingesting food believed to be poisoned by rats.
TWO SUBWAY FAMILIES SEE THE STATE IN LONG FEET
The man told deputies that he waited around 7 p.m. to eat, then became very ill and called 911 before being taken to the hospital.
Investigators went to Taco Bell and the man’s home to collect leftover food for testing. The sheriff’s office said they were watching videos from Taco Bell, looking into the man’s claims.
IN-N-OUT BURGER OPENING CORPORATE HUB, RESTAURANTS IN TENNESSEE
Restaurant manager Larry Swift told CBS News Colorado that the unknown diner is a regular at the restaurant who has caused trouble in the past and even allegedly threw a taco at an employee in a previous incident.
“The safety of clients and team members is a priority. The franchisee who owns and operates the location told us they are working with local authorities in their investigation,” Taco Bell Corp. said in a statement. for Fox Business.
Credit: www.foxbusiness.com /