Banned from Twitter, former US President Donald Trump says he plans to stick with his own social media platform.
Donald Trump has said he plans to use his own social media platform, Truth, despite the takeover of Twitter Inc by billionaire Elon Musk, who has vowed to restore the former US president’s Twitter account.
“I like Elon, but I stay on the Truth,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News on Friday, without explicitly saying that he would not post on Twitter if his account was reinstated.
When he posts on his own platform, “it still goes everywhere,” Trump told Fox. “Everyone on Twitter and every other place posted it anyway.”
Twitter blocked Trump after his supporters’ deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
Musk, a self-proclaimed supporter of free speech, took over Twitter with brutal efficiency on Thursday, firing top executives but providing no clarity on how he will achieve his ambitious goals for the influential social media platform.
Just hours after Musk launched a new era on Twitter, he was inundated with prayers and demands from the owners of banned accounts and world leaders.
Earlier in a statement on his own platform, Trump said he was glad Twitter was in “normal hands” with Musk, but did not say if he would return to his account on the platform that banned him.
Trump added that he thinks his own platform “looks and works better.”
Others whose Twitter accounts were suspended soon recovered or could recover them.
Credit: www.aljazeera.com /